Monday, March 30, 2009

Web 2.0

I am considering creating student accounts at edu blog for my campus classes this term to use on the april and may essays---giving them photo and link power to add multi-media to their essays in the form of blog site capabilities

went to the flickr apis and played around with the toys

lots of fun in all of this, but it seems like so much to learn and all invented jargon that is very exclusionary for digital non-natives like me

wondering if education will ever just clear out the ranks of the older generations and let the new young teachers play in cyberland with cybertools with the cybernauts of texting and cell phone addictions

us old word and literate folks will just be sitting in the sun, napping with our out of date paperbacks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fun, isn't it? The trick is in maintaining that playful attitude while finding uses for such tools that contribute to teaching and learning. I think we can.

As for old world/literate vs. the younger generation/cybernauts, me thinks that's a false dichotomy. :)

McMillan said...

I am glad that you are enjoying the learning process, and hope that you do not become frustrated at all of the new jargon associated with these digital tools. That is actually the main purpose of the Learning 2.0 program...to give you an introduction to some of these new technologies.

If the success of Amazon.com is any indication, I don't think the print format is going to disappear anytime soon.

Post a Comment